On The Go (chocolate)
- Place the cream and water in to a saucepan and bring to the boil - immediately switch off.
- Whisk the eggs, xylitol and cacao powder until aerated.
- Pour the hot cream into egg mixture, whisking gently as you pour.
- Return mixture to the pot and cook over low heat, stirring for about 3 minutes until its slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain into a container and drink chilled. Thickens slightly on cooling and the egg taste disappears completely, but can also be drunk warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month. Once frozen, it can be whipped for a minute on high speed in a blender or food processor for a delicious healthy ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!