This is the perfect LCHF substitute for a similar product on the market, which is full of sugar.
Start your day with this delicious recipe created by our friends at Thermo Foodie & The Chef.
The Thermomix version of this recipe can be found in their Low Carb for Everyone book, which is also available as an e-book, as are their other fabulous books.
- 300 grams Coconut Cream (OR Cream OR Almond Milk (search Recipes))
- 150 grams Water (Purified)
- 6 Eggs (Free Range)
- 40 grams xylitol (OR Sweetener of choice)
- 4 tspn Cacao Powder
- Place the cream and water in to a saucepan and bring to the boil – immediately switch off.
- Whisk the eggs, xylitol and cacao powder until aerated.
- Pour the hot cream into egg mixture, whisking gently as you pour.
- Return mixture to the pot and cook over low heat, stirring for about 3 minutes until its slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain into a container and drink chilled.
Thickens slightly on cooling and the egg taste disappears completely, but can also be drunk warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.
Once frozen, it can be whipped for a minute on high speed in a blender or food processor for a delicious healthy ice cream.