This is the perfect LCHF substitute for a similar product on the market, which is full of sugar.
Start your day with this delicious recipe created by our friends at Thermo Foodie & The Chef.
The Thermomix version of this recipe can be found in their Low Carb for Everyone book, which is also available as an e-book, as are their other fabulous books.
On The Go (chocolate)
- 300 grams Coconut Cream OR Cream OR Almond Milk (search Recipes)
- 150 grams Water Purified
- 6 Eggs Free Range
- 40 grams xylitol OR Sweetener of choice
- 4 tspn Cacao Powder
- Place the cream and water in to a saucepan and bring to the boil - immediately switch off.
- Whisk the eggs, xylitol and cacao powder until aerated.
- Pour the hot cream into egg mixture, whisking gently as you pour.
- Return mixture to the pot and cook over low heat, stirring for about 3 minutes until its slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain into a container and drink chilled. Thickens slightly on cooling and the egg taste disappears completely, but can also be drunk warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month. Once frozen, it can be whipped for a minute on high speed in a blender or food processor for a delicious healthy ice cream.