If you don’t have time for breakfast, these bars are a great ready-to-go food. They require no baking or dehydrating. Simply combine the ingredients in a food processor and pop them in the freezer to set.
- 10 Dates, Medjool (remove pits)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Nuts (such as almonds, walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup Coconut, desiccated
- 1/2 cup Dried fruit (such as sultanas, currants or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower kernels (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1 pinch Salt, Himalayan rock (finely ground)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Remove pits from the dates and place them in a food processor with the salt, vanilla powder and two tablespoons of water.
- Process until it forms a smooth paste. Stop the food processor, as needed, to scrape down the sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the nuts are roughly chopped. Add the honey and continue to pulse until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Line a square or rectangular pan (approximately 20 x 20 cm) with baking paper. Spread the mixture out evenly into the pan.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan and freeze for about 4 hours.
- Remove from the pan and cut into desired size bars or squares.