When I have fresh walnuts in the house, I like to make this flat-bread, which has been adapted from Everyday Raw, by chef Matthew Kenney.
Dehydrator and food processor.
1 cup ground linseed (flaxseed)
2 medium zucchinis
2 cups fresh walnuts
¼ cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon fine rock salt
- Set ground linseed to one side.
- Place the walnuts into the food processor and process them until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process them until smooth.
- Gradually add the ground linseed and continue to process until well combined.
- Allow the mixture to ‘rest’ in the food processor for about 30 minutes to enable the ground linseeds to absorb any access liquid.
- Spread the mixture onto a dehydrating tray lined with a Teflex™ sheet. Use a butter knife or a palette knife to score the bread into 9 slices.
- Place the tray into a dehydrator and dry for 8 hours on the lowest setting. After this time, flip it, remove the Teflex™ sheet and dry for a further 8 hours or until the bread is pliable but dry.